"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursdays - Being an Aunt

Alright, I know I've raved about how much I love my nieces and nephews on here before, but I have to say - they are one of the biggest blessings in my life.

I was lucky enough to become an aunt at age 16.  It is one of my most cherished roles in life.  When I first held Sophia in my arms, I never thought I'd see such a precious, adorable baby again.
I was proved wrong ... 4 times.
I have loved getting to spend time with and spoil my nieces and nephews - and then hand them back to my siblings when they begin screaming :O)

(Sophia)

A few years ago, I began making the habit of calling my eldest two nieces on their birthdays - and let me tell you - it has been one of the best cures for a bad day.  If you're ever having a bad day - I highly recommend calling a small child on the phone - it's always hilarious, and you can't help but smiling :O)

(Gwennie)

I have loved watching Sophia and Gwen grow up and develop such strong personalities - such great senses of humor.  If they're in a good mood, you can't help but be in one too.

(Isaiah)

Several years ago - I was finally blessed with a nephew - my brother's oldest child.  And it was about time! Snuggling my baby nephews and nieces has done a great job of keeping my baby-needs at bay.

(Eleanor)

And though I've been at college, while these two were brought into the world - I've spent many a happy summer day at home babysitting them.  And you know what? My husband makes a spectacular co-babysitter ... though he would always hog the baby snuggling with Ellie, while I chased Isaiah around :P

(Jackson)

And the most recent addition to my every-growing number of nieces/nephews.
I've only been able to hold and snuggle him once - I problem that I will soon have to remedy.

There you have it, I am extremely thankful to be blessed with the most adorable nieces and nephews, hands down.  And I've been blessed with an ample amount of them too :O)
Babysitting them, talking on the phone with them, and playing with them, can always brighten my day.

Who has never failed to brighten your day?

Much Love to All,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. your mom was going to bring (just) jack with her to visit you this weekend, but she decided not to. you'll have to take that up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to snuggle my little Jack Jack ... I need a baby fix :(

    ReplyDelete