"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Flowers of the Field

Thankful Thursdays - Flowers

There are so many things in nature that I find absolutely stunning.  One of them is flowers.  I love taking pictures of flowers, I love smelling flowers, and I love getting them from my husband :O)

(Giant's Causeway - Ireland)

You'd think it was enough that God gave us life - that he provided a world that can sustain that life.  But He didn't stop at just giving us the minimum - He made that world absolutely breath-taking.
I am so thankful that we are surrounded by so much beauty.  Look at how those tiny little flowers pop up in the cracks of the rocks - really no detail is too small to be beneath God's notice.


This reminds me of one of my favorite verses - Matthew 6:28-30
"...And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow? They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith? So do not worry saying, 'what shall we eat?' or 'what shall we drink?' or 'what shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them."


As much as I worry - as many hours as I spend wondering where we'll get the money to pay bills, when will I get a teaching job, etc, etc - I forget that these flowers that I love so much were made by God.  He cared enough to clothe the grass and the fields - how much more does he care about me and my needs?  He will provide.

So today, take a deep breath - no matter what you're worrying about, no matter what's going on in your life - God cared enough to give us this beautiful world.  To fill it with tiny flowers, towering trees, and vivid skies.  How much more does he care about your needs?


So thank you, God, for the flowers.  And thank you for reminding me that you've got it all under control.

Much Love to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment