"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Tale of the Bumblebee ... And Softball

Yesterday we had apartment inspections, so I spent my morning busily cleaning the apartment whilst enjoying the beautiful day by opening our sliding door and letting the breeze air out our apartment.  
Taking a page out of my mother's book, every time I finish cleaning a room, I light a candle in it. So by the time our apartment was completely clean, I was enjoying the smell of a fresh spring breeze as well as honeydew and peach scented candles.

After the inspection, I lounged on the couch - perfectly content as I always am when I have a clean apartment - and began reading some Harry Potter.  There was a honeydew candle lit on the coffee table, and I looked up to see a bumblebee trying desperately to find a hole in our screen door.
You could tell he was just dying to immerse himself in my honeydew candle - he would only find out that it was just a jar of hot wax and a flame before it would be too late.
Now normally, I am quite terrified of bees.  Our screen door is perfectly sealed however, so I wished Mr. Bumblebee good day and told him I was glad to see that it was finally warm enough outside for insects such as himself (obviously, I was in an overly-contented mood - I'm sure I'll eat those words after a few mosquito bites this season).

Shortly afterwards, I had to say good bye to Mr. Bumblebee as Adam and I were leaving.  We were going to a church softball game.

Though it was a bit chilly yesterday evening at the game, I stayed warm enough snuggled under my Lord of the Rings blanket.  I ventured out from under it a few times, however, to get some pictures:
Adam at bat

Jake hitting the ball and running to first

Adam at third - about to run to home.

Jake catching the ball.

The sky was also quite beautiful to watch - here's a picture of it during the beginning of the first game...

...and towards the end of the second game...

That is the end of my tale for now.  Out of the two softball games, I believe both churches won one game (I think ... it shows you how much I pay attention to the score...).

The End.

Much Love to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment