"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Humorous Harry

Well, it's been a while since I've made an update on my Harry Potter reading adventure, so here it is.

I'm a few chapters or so away from the end of The Half-Blood Prince and I cannot wait to finish this series! I really want to know how it ends...

It has taken me longer to read the book I'm on than it took to read The Goblet of Fire for a couple reasons - 
I could not put down the fifth book! I think it's going to be my favorite with The Prisoner of Azkaban in a close second.
I've realized that I have ample time to finish the books, and I've been making sure that I take time to, you know, clean the apartment and go to work ... dishes and dust were beginning to pile up ...

I am really enjoying book 6 - I just realized, while reading the other day, that JK Rowling uses a lot of humor - and uses it well - in these books.

I've mentioned my other 2 favorite fantasy series before - The Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings.  Lewis and Tolkien do both use humor - and quite cleverly too.  But Rowling uses it much more frequently.  I have actually caught myself laughing out loud reading these books.

Here's a couple of my favorite humorous parts in the 6th book:

Harry (while talking to Dumbledore about his conversation with the Minister of Magic): "He accused me of being 'Dumbledore's man through and through.'"
Dumbledore: "How very rude of him."

Harry - who recently discovered he had a crush on Ginny - wakes up in the hospital wing after a quidditch accident -
"'Ginny came into visit while you were unconscious,' [Ron] said, after a long pause, and Harry's imagination zoomed into overdrive, rapidly constructing a scene in which Ginny, weeping over his lifeless form, confessed her feelings of deep attraction to him while Ron gave them his blessing..."

Anyway, I am going to get back to reading so I can finish these books, and then watch all the movies before the final one comes out in July! Cannot wait!

Much Love to All,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Order of the Phoenix was my favorite...at least until I read Deathly Hallows. The last book is just so good! Well...the epilogue kind of sucks, but if you can ignore that...
    Number five is a very close second place though.

    ReplyDelete