"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Virtues

What virtues do I value in myself?

Oi vey ... I'm not one to enjoy saying anything positive about myself (probably something I should work on...), but I'll try and see if I can come up with something.

I don't know if this is a "virtue" (what really qualifies something as a virtue?), but I value that I tend to be a very passionate person.  As I've said before, I hold a deep love and appreciation for many forms of art.  Any time I engage in anything creative, I do so whole-heartedly.

I also value that I am a listener - I'm not quick to speak and would much rather sit back and listen to the conversation of others in a social situation.  This also makes me great at listening when people just need someone to talk to.  And I truly listen intently, I don't just nod and smile and then wonder what I'm eating for dinner.

Another "virtue" might be that I have an uncanny ability to really put myself in other people's shoes and to be able to understand how/why they think a certain way.  It doesn't mean I always agree with them, but I am able to see where they are coming from.

 Lastly, I value that I am very loyal.  Once I am your friend, you're not going to get rid of me easily.  I may not be the best at communicating (especially when friendships become long-distance friendships - something else I need to work on), but that does not mean that I do not still love you and consider you a good friend.

Whew. Okay.  That one's done and over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment