"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Uniquely Me

Several friends of mine are participating in this thing called, "Celebrate Beauty."  Every day they are posting about different topics such as, "what makes you uniquely you," and "who is someone you know that inspires beauty?"  I am not going to participate myself, especially since I'm jumping in several days late, but I am going to continue to enjoy reading everyone else's responses to these topics - allowing me to reflect privately on my own answers.


There is, however, one that I would like to respond to here:  what makes me uniquely me?  If you read my last post, you would know that in my last visit to my dear friend Kelly, I was happy to find that she was able to find a peace in the midst of her pain.  She is taking this time out of life to re-discover who she is.  She has really inspired to take my time, being unemployed and quite frankly bored, to remember who I am in Christ.  


Here is what makes me "uniquely me"

I am a lover of art in almost every form:
The performing arts (both theater and music) and
visual art (I personally prefer drawing and occasionally painting).
I love both to enjoy the works of others in these forms as well as
produce my own.
I love finding the beauty and art in nature:  it's everywhere from
people and relationships
to the flowers, trees, and sky - I am in awe every time I look at the sky 
(seriously, look at the sky and try to tell me there's NOT a creator behind it all).

In life I feel called simply to do this: love people.
I love giving gifts and baking for people
it's my favorite way of blessing others and showing them 
how much they mean to me.

I am also a listener.
I'm not great at talking, and often find myself without words or wisdom when others seem to need it.
However, I am great at listening, I will listen as long and as often as you need me to.
Along with this, I am a giver hugs, massages, and cuddles:
just another way of showing you how much you mean to me :O)

I am an avid reader.
I have a long list of books that I read often and an even longer list of ones  that I want to read.
JRR Tolkien is my hero, CS Lewis feeds my spirit, and Jane Austen satisfies my romantic sensibilities.

I am a lover of Christ.
He has saved me countless times, has blessed me immeasurably, and I honestly believe that I would not be alive today if it weren't for Him.

Very simply and in an every-day sort of way, I am:

Cheryl Anne (Matthew) Hoskins

a wife, sister, daughter, aunt, friend,  and in law
baker of amazing cookies
scrap-booker
painter
guitar player (acoustic - about as well as Phoebe Buffay)
singer (in the shower)
actor
teacher
student
writer
reader
Mario Kart Wii champ
interior decorator (of my own place)
house wife
TRHS/SAU graduate
introvert
dog-person (who also likes cats)
and 
lover of God and people.

2 comments:

  1. cheryl dearest, you should join in on project 31! (you've only missed 2 days...and you can start/join at any time!) love your list, almost as much as i love you and your cookies. om nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you :O) I have kind of joined it, but I don't think I'm going to post every day ... but maybe I will.
    Oh, and I forgot one thing on the list: below "actor," insert "director"

    ReplyDelete