"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Monday, January 24, 2011

Beautiful You

In the grand tradition that is ... me, I am keeping up with what I told you in my first post, "I fold under peer pressure like oragami."  What does that mean for this post?  Well, I may have said last time that I will not be posting every day for Project 31 (Celebrate Beauty), but I got peer pressured into it.

Today's topic:  post a picture of yourself in your favorite outfit.
Now I'm not one to dress to impress or even to buy clothes because they're cute.  I mainly just dress for comfort, and if I find something that is cute as well as comfy, I just call myself lucky.  I don't have a picture of myself in an entire outfit that I love, but I do have several of me in different parts of outfits that I love.
So without further ado, here they are:

Outfit #1
Although I've only worn this entire outfit once (for my engagement photos), it's one of the cutest (as well as comfiest) ones I've worn.  Between the jeans, classic polka-dot dress and black flats, it was a win - and Adam picked it out!.

Outfit #2
I spent so much time backstage during my spring arbor years and so many great times happened there, that I just feel really at home wearing all black (unfortunately, I can't do that in the real world - people mistake it for being emo or goth).
Here you have me in my black sweat pants and shirt complete with the headset.  Not the most attractive outfit, but it holds the most memories.

Outfit #3
This one is not a whole outfit, but I <3 my green converses.  Not just because green is my favorite color or even because converses are my favorite shoes.
My husband bought me these the day before our wedding and I wore them on our special day.
I <3 them! And every time I wear them, I can't stop looking at my feet :O)

Outfit #4
Without much explanation or knowing why this is one of my favorite shirts.
I love the plaid, I love the colors and it's just plain comfortable and can be either casual or dressed-up.

Outfit #5
This is me wearing my favorite sweatshirt in Ireland.
I got it on sale and it was the best money I've ever spent.
It's uber-soft, uber-warm, and goes with just about everything!

Outfit #6
Last, but not least, this is me in my Oxford sweatshirt.  I was ecstatic to get to visit Oxford University while in England, and was able to buy an authentic Oxford sweatshirt.  It's a deep purple color and my brother in law Matt and friend Mary just happened to buy the same one!
(you can't tell from this picture, but Matt and Mary's are both blue).

There you have it, me in some of my favorite outfits and pieces of outfits.
The End.

Love to all,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. i love that you crumble!
    bwahaha. sorry to see that the blue and yellow converse didn't make the list! :D
    and i LOVE polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but those were my favorite shoes for several years! I still wear them occasionally ... they are now covered in paint like the rest of my clothes I wore those years (from painting theater sets).

    ReplyDelete