"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Year Has Begun

I feel I should begin my blogging venture this year with an explanation on why I am blogging.  After all, there's nothing particularly exciting happening in my life and my days are rather uneventful.  I am not a great writer, neither have I any wisdom nor recipes to share.  Yet I have found several reasons for beginning a blog, one of the main ones simply being, "why not?"

First of all, as I stated earlier, my days are currently VERY uneventful. I am unemployed and am not seeking employment until I know whether or not Adam and I will be moving in the next month.  Blogging will at least fill up some time during my day and does not include cleaning or being wholly lazy.

Perhaps a better reason for my blogging is because a new year has begun: my first full year as a married wife and I feel big things, big adventures, coming for my Love and I, and I would like to communicate and keep track of where our life is going as well as reflect on what has/is happening.  All I can say so far is, "God is GOOD."




Last of all, and perhaps the poorest reason for blogging is that "everyone is doing it." Those who know me, know I fold under peer pressure like oragami.  You don't even have to get a group of people together to beg me to jump off a bridge.  All you have to do is begin jumping, and I'll follow ... okay, that example is pretty over-used and a bit extreme, but you get the picture.

Anyway, there you have it: my reasons.  I promise I will try to make future postings a bit more interesting (again with the disclaimer that I am NOT a good writer) and more informative on how our life together is going and what we're up to!

Love to all ~

3 comments:

  1. Dear Cheryl - welcome to the blog world! I'm very excited you have joined us! However I am taking a leave of absense for a while, maybe popping in once a month for a vacation from JOB Searching!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited I have a blogging friend. I LOVE blogging! Though I need to get better about being regular. I love the purpose of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no recipes?! what?! :)
    just joking of course!
    i love that you're blogging now. it'll give us chance you see what you guys are doing since we don't talk on a regualr basis! <3

    ReplyDelete