"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Saturday, February 12, 2011

World's Most Amazing Cookies

Okay, so I know that when I started this blog, I said I wouldn't have recipes to share.  In my defense: this isn't my recipe, I got it from my cookbook.  That being said, I made these amazing cookies...
It had been a while since I had baked anything, and my baking-senses were tingling.  I had all the basic ingredients (flour, sugar, butter, etc), all I had to do was find a recipe.  I also had about half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips that I wanted to find some use for.  I came across this recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook months ago and had been wanting to try it, they were called "Peanut butter-Oatmeal Rounds."  The best part? The recipe called for either 1 cup of chopped nuts or semi-sweet chocolate pieces.  Perfect.  I set to work right away ...
...The recipe said that the cookies should bake for 10 minutes, but knowing how hot my oven gets, add to it the fact that I like my cookies really soft and chewy, I set my timer for 6 minutes, and they came out perfectly.
I love peanut butter cookies, I love chocolate chip cookies, and I even love oatmeal cookies (without raisins, please), and these cookies are a perfect marriage of the three.  I knew my husband loved them when he took a bite of one, looked thoughtfully at the ceiling for a few seconds, then quickly grabbed a second.


Here's the recipe:


3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped cocktail peanuts or semi-sweet chocolate pieces (I had a little bit more than a cup of chocolate chips, so I just added them all in! You can never have too much chocolate).


1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until combined. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in rolled oats and peanuts.


2.  Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.


And don't forget to clean up afterwards!  

Happy Baking!


With love,
Cheryl



4 comments:

  1. I suck at Cookies!! majorly suck! But I'm good wiht cakes!!! I made a valentines day cake this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come over some time and we will bake cookies together and you will absorb my mad baking skills :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is it with your family and not liking raisins? WEIRDOS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristance, raisins are so disgusting, I think people who LIKE them are weird!

    ReplyDelete