"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3 Sources of Happiness


Three things that make me happy ... hmmm ... this is going to be hard.  Not coming up with three things, but having to boil it down to three things - therein lies the challenge.

Okay, let's start with something that is an absolute must for the list:  my husband!  


On September 5, 2005, I was a scared little 18 year old high school grad moving an hour away from every one/thing I knew unto a college campus where I knew virtually no one.  I met some pretty cool people that first day at Spring Arbor U.  One of them was named Adam.  I can't say I had a crush on him right away, but when my eyes were looking at one person - my heart somehow got captured by someone else.  

(Fall 2006)

We began dating September 20th of 2005 - we had only known each other about three weeks, but apparently it was the right thing to do!  By late August of 2008, he asked for my hand in marriage...


 ...and we were married July 17th of 2010 at 3:30pm.  


Throughout our years together (and months married), he has made me much happier than I ever thought I could be.  He has encouraged me, stood behind me, loved me and taken care of me through quite a lot.  I am ecstatic that I get to be married to him and can't wait to spend the next several years/decades with him :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the second, I'm going to clump several sources of happiness into one:  just about every one else in my life.  My whole family: parents, siblings, nieces/nephews, even my in-laws.  




Between them and all of my friends, I have been blessed with some pretty amazing people in my life. 



 Even though I am introverted, I always enjoy being around those I love and spending time with them.  




As much time as I spend alone now, I am always ecstatic when I get the chance hang out with any of my family or friends.  They bring me a lot of joy and happiness.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm not sure what to put into this last thing.  I suppose it's all the other little things in life that make me happy: the smell and taste of coffee early in the morning, the color of the sky when the sun is setting, the inexplicable joy that comes when one of my favorite songs comes on my Pandora station.  I enjoy the every day, simple things that make up my life. 




And those are my three things, I suppose I cheated a little, but I couldn't help it.  Even with cheating, I wasn't able to cover everything, just the basics: my husband, my family/friends, and all of life's little pleasures.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment