"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life Updated

Well it's been while since I've updated "the world" (aka the whole 2 people who read my blog) on what we've been up to in the new-Hoskins household (except we don't have a house...apartmenthold?).


Adam's been loving his job; I am uber-happy for him! He's making just about enough money for us to live off of for now (I really need to get a job...but more about that later).  It keeps him busy, it gives him a good workout, he really enjoys what he does, AND it gives him a tuition-reimbursement to get his masters.  He's looking into getting masters in criminal justice/public management with Colorado Tech University - it's all online, fairly inexpensive, and the cost covers all of the books and materials he needs for the classes.  Needless to say, I am very proud of him :O)


On the other hand, I've been stuck in quite the rut lately.  I'm unemployed, I sit at home, watch way too much TV, and basically only get up off the couch to clean the kitchen/dining/living rooms (which only takes a collective 1 hour every day).  Needless to say, I've gained quite a bit of weight, am in horrible shape, and have been fighting depression off with seasons of I Love Lucy in one hand and and a broom in the other.


Time for a change?  I'd say so.  I've applied to a few businesses around Dundee, but there are tons more I can apply to also.  I really need to apply for my teaching certificate - which requires that I first get certified in CPR/First Aid.  AND Ever since the shelving on Adam's half of our closet collapsed a few weeks ago, I've been afraid to open that door most days.   Behind it lingers a deep pit of debris overflowing with a horrid wreck of flotsam and jetsam.  Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but the mind wanders.


In short (wait, too late for that...), I am currently taking steps to get my life back in order and put me on the fast track to a happy, healthy, productive life.  


We had the good fortune to get a sizable sum of money back from the government this year, and we used most of it to pay off 95% of our credit accounts.  Good bye to all of those little payments that nickel-and-dimed our money away every month!  So, I took some of the extra money and registered for a CPR/First Aid class/test.  If all goes well, I will be certified by March 18th and therefore be able to immediately take steps towards getting my teaching certification=me being able to get my resume out there and start applying for teaching positions ... have you seen me ecstatic? Well here it is :D


On top of this, I'm setting weekly goals for myself that include things like:  getting the closet cleaned out, eating healthier (cutting sugar out of my diet gradually - it's my single biggest downfall), staying active, and applying for jobs.


And that's life so far.  I'll keep you updated on how the progress on my aforementioned goals is going.  Adam and I are beginning to be in a pretty tight financial situation with more and more students loans becoming due.  All prayers are appreciated!


Much Love to All,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl, just being able to write the words that you just did is AWESOME in itself, I agree Adam is on cloud 9 with his new job at UMHS, I bet your missing the arbor a bit, maybe not so much of the DC but in General. It is comforting to know that you can be just YOU. If we had perfection in this life we would not need each other, So go get your certification and start poking around the subbing world. Oh and who cares about the closet door, just open it and say to yourself you can conquer it! Always remember GOD will not let something happen if your not prepared to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to hula hoop!! Oh and have you registered to Substitute teach? You just have to have a degree to do that I think... ask Mel about it... her and Kevin are both registered in a couple school districts to sub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started hoola-hooping Brittney! I do it while watching HIMYM. My goal is to be able to hoola-hoop for a whole episode without stopping :O)
    The only problem with subbing right now, is that the only place I could do it at would be the HS right next door. I don't really have a way to get any where else....

    ReplyDelete