"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes!

Even though my husband is a MUCH better cook than I am, for about the past week, I have been cooking dinner.  This is mainly because he works 12-hour days and is usually very tired and very hungry when he gets home.  I have to admit, he's been a trooper and has smiled and said "thank you" every evening, even though he knows that he can cook circles around me.  


This evening I tried a new recipe (okay, I have made this once before, but only a half batch):  Kate and Stephen's Oatmeal Flapjacks!  I decided I wanted to do breakfast for dinner (breakfast food is my favorite), so I thought I'd give this recipe a go-round.  Obviously, I got this recipe from my wonderful friend Kate Fort :O)




These pancakes are super thick and delicious, as well as extremely filling!
Here's the recipe:


1 1/8 c. milk
1 c. oatmeal
2 tbsp. oil
2 eggs
1 c. whole-wheat flour (I just use white)
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt


1) Combine oatmeal and milk.  Let sit for 5 minutes.
2) Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixed.
3) Pour 1/4 c. of mixture onto the hot griddle (I just eye-ball it).  Cook like "normal" pancakes.




Mmmmm....Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. mmm...this sounds good, Also how did you make that bread for thanksgiving?? do you have a good recipe for that, maybe somethings I already have in the kitchen, as I am trapped in my house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread was easy, I used frozen bread loaves (you can find them in the frozen section of the grocery store) and the directions were on the package. I've also made bread from scratch before, but that requires fast-rising yeast, which I'm assuming you don't have...

    ReplyDelete