"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Friday, March 9, 2012

Fun and Frustrating Moments

So I thought I was doing a fair job, keeping up with blogging this year. Maybe I had missed a week here and there, but overall, not bad. Then I realized that I haven't blogged in almost a month. Oops.

Anyway, last week I went to my sister Kathie's house to watch her girls for four days while she and her husband went away for their anniversary. It was fun ... a bit chaotic ... but fun. On Monday, the girls didn't have school, so we built a fort in the living room

(Left: Laura - another sister, back: Sophia, right: Gwen)

I'm just glad Kathie wasn't around to see her living room in this state :)
We hung out in there for the day, I brought in a basket full of snacks, we watched Gnomeo and Juliet on my laptop, then we took a nap (I think I'm the only one who actually slept, though...).

The rest of the week, the girls had school, so we didn't do anything too exciting. I went back home on Friday - glad to see my hubby again! The next day we went shopping - Adam needed new tennishoes and shorts to work out in ... and I ended up getting some shoes too.

I LOVE my new tennishoes. If these don't motivate me to workout, I don't know what will. Though truth be told, I have not used them yet (for that purpose). 

I was able to sub a couple days this week. Wednesday I signed up for a job at Pioneer HS. For the first couple hours, I was helping with the MME testing (what used to be "MEAP"). During this time, one of the teachers asked if I'd sub for her the following day ... um, yes please! 

That day, after Adam picked me up, we went shopping. I hit my favorite clothing store, ready to spend the wad I made babysitting my nieces. I needed some new shorts for this summer, and also wanted to buy a dress, so I loaded up my arms with all kinds of lovelies and went to the dressing room to decide what I was going to buy. I had 3 sundresses, 2 pairs of shorts, 3 tank tops, a jean jacket, a cute top I found in the clearance section, and a jean mini skirt. Much to my dismay, I loved everything (with the exception of one pair of shorts). Much to my delight, and utter surprise, when I came out, Adam asked me what I liked. I replied "everything but these shorts." He said "okay, let's get it all!" Let's just say, I spent twice what I was planning on, but my hubby is a gem and I love him (and tax-returns...)

And that brings us up to date. 

Frustrating moment today:
We have A LOT of laundry to do. I loaded roughly 8-10 loads up in our car (carried down from our 3rd floor apartment), and drove over to the laundry room. All 10 washers were full. All 10 of those loads were finished with their cycles. Owner of said 10 loads was not in sight. So, I drove back to my apartment, and had the pleasure of carrying all of my own 8-10 loads back up to my 3rd floor apartment.

Lesson: Do not be THAT person. If you're going to take up all the washers, at least have the curtesy to stick around and move them to the dryers promptly when they are finished. 
Sincerely, 
Eternally Frustrated.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I was not there for that disaster!....I am feeling a little queasy just looking at this pic!....glad you had fun and put everything back together though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo! That sucks!!!

    This was a fun blog to read! I soo wish I could go buy a bunch of new clothes! That would make my month!!

    The babysitting looked fun! I have been wanting to build a fort for about a year... just never have a good reason! I'm home alone tonight! how funny would that be if Nick came home to a fort in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath - all I could think whilst making the fort was, "if Kathie were here, she'd kill me..."
    Britt - DO IT!

    ReplyDelete