"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dancing and Tulips and Cards and Turtles

Okay, so I've been slacking. I got in one of those ruts where I couldn't think of anything good to write about. I'm still in that rut, but I'm going to give it a go anyway.

The past couple weeks have been alright. My mom and little sister (Laura) came to visit a couple/few weekends ago, and that was a lot of fun. We spent the time shopping, watching a couple movies, and playing board games. Laura brought her "Just Dance 3" (Wii) game with her. It was pretty fun, and after doing a couple dances, I thought, "wow, this could make a pretty decent workout."  So I was pleasantly (and only slightly) surprised that she forgot to take it with her when she left.

I have, therefore, been playing "Just Dance" as my workout. It's pretty fun, highlighted by the fact that I can do it in the privacy of my own apartment where no one can see me dancing like a fool.

That's about all that's been new lately.

Yesterday was Valentin's Day. Adam has been doing training this week, meaning his schedule's been off. He was supposed to work until 6pm yesterday - stinky! Buuuuut ... he got off a little early, and walked through the door just before 6 o'clock with a bouquet of purple tulips and all the fixin's to make chicken fettuccine alfredo. Dinner, being made by Adam, was of course delicious

My flowers :)

I also had a little surprise for him. I saw this idea on Pinterest to use a deck of cards and make a "52 Reasons why I love you" ... thing. ... Gifty thing. My original plan was to make this for Adam's stocking last Christmas, but I'm glad I didn't - it made the perfect gift yesterday.


It happened to fit perfectly in an empty tea box I had, so I tied it up with some ribbon and a simple little homemade card.

Here's a few of the reasons I had.

I thought it would be easier to type them up than write them by hand. That was only slightly true. It was a little difficult to judge whether, when printed and cut out, they would actually fit on the cards. A couple (like the one on the top right) came close, but they did all fit. *insert sight of relief*

I "distressed" (in other words, scratched up...) the cards using my nail file (yay improvisation! ... and cramped hands), and used small ink pads to add the color around the edges.

Neither of us are overly mushy, so I did my best to keep this project as un-Valentine's-cheesy as possible. So some of the things I wrote were fun and cute, others were a little more serious. I also used teal, orange, and purple for the font colors, matted on brown, and edged with red and bronze. No frilly pink and red hearts for us :)

That brings us up to date. 
Squirt has been eating like a cow lately. (for those who don't know, he's our little turtle - pictured on the top of the left side bar) We think he's going through another growth spurt. He's definitely gotten "fatter" - meaning his shell is thicker - and it's about the size of my palm. We put him on our kitchen scale and he weighs 2.3 ounces. I don't want him grow much more - I want him to stay little :/

I hope everyone - those who are single, those in a couple, and those away from the ones they love - had a good Valentine's day! 
Harry Potter Valentine's :) 
I thought these were cute - click on the image to enlarge it, so you can read them!
(Ron's is my favorite)

2 comments:

  1. The cards turned out awesome!!!! The flower's are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "Reason's I Love You" cards. :) Yours turned out so great. Better than the Pinterest ones! It's cause you are so awesome. <3 Keep up the blogging. I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete