"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Laundry Room Reflections

2012. 


The new year is upon us and it's that time of year when (basically) everyone makes all sorts of new promises and resolutions that they're never going to keep. 


But it's a tradition, so why the heck not?


Here's my list of resolutions that I "only half intend to keep this time - just like last year" (from New Year's Eve by Five Iron Frenzy - seriously, if you've never listened to that song, you need to).


1. work out 3-5 days a week (wow, 3 days into 2012 and already failing at this one)


2. blog at least once a week (this is my first post since July...)


3. eat healthier (just vague enough that I may, technically, accomplish this one)


4. read one new book every month (this would be easier if I wasn't so avid about re-reading the books I already love)


5. write down one thing every day that I am thankful for (I actually bought a planner that I'm using specifically for this purpose - we'll see how long this lasts)


Despite my cynicism, I am actually quite excited about the prospect of blogging again, I'm loving the new planner I bought (I splurged on a really nice/cute one), and I really do need to exercise more and eat healthier.  Always the eternal optimist - I know I'll probably fail, but it's a new year, so why not at least try?


Another thought on New Years:


I know everyone gets reved up about the new year - it's a new beginning, a chance to start over and get things right, blah blah blah. ... but isn't EVERY day a new beginning? Isn't every morning a chance to start over and "get things right this time?'  Why wait around for a new year for your life to begin/again? If you don't like the way things are going, get up off your butt and do something about it. Now. Not 362 days from now. 


Just a thought.


As I am sitting in the laundry room.


Waiting for my clothes to finish.

1 comment:

  1. So how's it going? with all your goals.... 8 days in?

    ReplyDelete