"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Celebrating Marriage

It's been a while since I've posted anything but recipes on here.
I've decided this needs to change - so today I'm going to do a "Thankful Thursday" post.  I know it is not, indeed, Thursday - but since this is my blog, I get to make the rules - and change them up.

Today is a very special occasion - it's my parent's 31st anniversary!


In a world full of divorces and broken families, I am so thankful that I have two wonderful parents who are an excellent example of what a healthy marriage looks like.  Beyond the "honeymoon" phase, through raising 5 kids,  it is possible to stay married.  And happy.

It all began on July 12, 1980.  Five child-births, many graduations, 3 weddings, and 5 grandchildren later - they are still together.


So Happy Anniversary, mom and dad!

Here's to hoping that 31 years from now, Adam and I will be as happy as you two!

Much Love to All!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog :P
    Thank you so much!!

    _________________________________
    http://mustbeliberating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete