"only You can make every new day seem so new" ~Five Iron Frenzy

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Working Out and Reading On

New Year's Resolution #1

Work out 3-5 days a week

I'll admit, I failed pretty miserably at this one the first two weeks of the new year. Nevertheless, I haven't totally given up on this goal.  I'm not one to admit defeat easily.  I worked out on Monday this week and completely intended to do the same Tuesday and Wednesday.  Ah me, ever full of "good intentions" ... it's the execution of those intentions that I have problems with ...

Still not admitting defeat.  Personally, I feel a little justified in skipping Tuesday and Wednesday. 1 - I still have 3 days left this week in which to fulfill my goal of "3-5" days/week, and 2 - Adam had the past couple days off. Since he works third shift, we don't often sleep in bed together. I therefore wanted to prolong this as long as I could. (I suppose I should clarify that I will only work out early in the morning - when no one else is in the gym. Extremely self-conscious, am I.)

Anyway, I do enjoy working out. It gives me a reason to get up out of bed, gives my body something active to do, and makes me feel great.  When I had my yearly check-up a couple weeks ago, my doctor did tell me that I should work out 5 days a week if I want it to do me any good. And I really, truly do. I am so very out of shape and being so makes me feel sluggish, weak, and achy. None of which I enjoy.


On another note, I have finished Out of Oz and it ended just about as well as it could.  It had a perfect blend of tied-up loose ends and some left (realistically) unanswered.  There was also just enough mystery to leave the fate of the characters to the reader's imagination. Love love love.

Without waiting for February to commence, I have immediately dug into The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I'm loving it so far ... but more on that later :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I know the motivation is hard to acquire sometimes, but it's worth it! On those morning when you think how much you DON'T want to get out of bed and go sweat, just remind yourself of how awesome you feel right after you've completed a work out. Ya know, that addictive "I just DID that!" feeling when you're out of breath and damp with sweat! You can do it!!! Praying to God for motivation always helps too ;) WAKE UP WITH DETERMINATION, GO TO BED WITH SATISFACTION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbit,

    I am proud. Not admitting defeat is the secret recipe of success. Also, I love the distinction you made between intention and execution. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete